All you falling into your work or deliberating finding your path?
Remember the movie Better Off Dead? John Cusack as Lloyd Dobler is dating the hot chick whose dad doensn’t approve … ah… brings me back! There is a dinner scene that I have always loved – and I finally found it on YouTube! Watch as he nervously answers the question “What do you want to do when you grow up?”
I can honestly say my path to art licensing is pretty similar! If someone asked me what my perfect job is I would say things like,
- I don’t want to be tied to a desk and expected to be anywhere for an arbitrary amount of time each day
- I want the flexibility to set my own schedule and work or shop or sleep whenever I feel like it
- I don’t want to have to pick ONE THING to do with my art – so I can’t make cards, for example, because I might get bored and want to make a gift bag and then what would I do?
- I don’t want a garage full of products
- I don’t want to hire and manage reps
- I don’t want to invest thousands of dollars in inventory…
SO… I’m going to license my art. Luckily – it works!
If you are new to this blog and the concept of licensing, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE click on the FAQ tab and learn the basics of how this works. If you have a list of things you do and don’t want to do, it’s a good idea to see where art licensing falls. It works for me but might not work for you – but you won’t know till you do some investigating!
Here’s to your creative success!
– Tara Reed